Reporting directly to the NSSN Co-Director Prof. Benjamin Eggleton, the Data Theme Leader for the NSW Smart Sensing Network (NSSN) is responsible for leading business development activities relating to the sensing data theme. Drawing on their expertise in data and data analytics, they will translate industry and government partner needs into defined research projects and develop new business development opportunities. The role will lead the data theme, providing strategic advice to the network and key stakeholders.
- manage the Network’s Data Theme, incorporating sensing, data analytics, signal processing, networked systems, advanced programming, information, and communication technology (ICT)
- proactively identify and pursue new opportunities leading to research contracts and grants pertaining to data analytics and related fields
- engage with industry and government partners to enable the transformation and translation of knowledge and technology
- provide strategic advice, operational management, expert technical advice and guidance to the Co-Director, Chief Operating Officer, and team colleagues. Undertakes the translation and implementation of strategy
- lead multi-institution Theme and Project working groups
- develop and maintain relationships with a range of external research stakeholders in universities, companies, government, and publicly funded research agencies.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the University of Sydney’s careers website, please click here to apply!
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Closing Date: 13 October 2021